Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Vintage and Antiquarian Books

Vintage Books Childrens Antique Books Adult Collectible Books

I adore vintage books especially antique and vintage children's books. I recently purchased a 1902 Reader that has the most amazing Victorian graphics in it. I still don't know if I am going to sell it. What I will probably do it enjoy if for awhile and then pass it on for someone else to admire.

I also enjoy the old books on etiquette and books that instruct girls and boys on moral behavior, I have several of these that will be going in the shop soon.

Homemaking books and vintage cookbooks are also favorites of mine. I have learned quite a few very practical new skills by reading these wonderful vintage books such as how to make slipcovers for chairs. You will find these in my shop.... the books not the slipcovers.

Vintage magazines, I have quite a few dating back to the late 1900's. Several of them are children's magazines. The stories, poems, graphics and ads are priceless.

These are wonderful for framing and this is what I originally purchased them for but I can't bring myself to deface them by cutting the pages out of them. So atleast once a year I pull them out and read them.

What are your thoughts on vintage and antiquarian books and magazines?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am a children's book dealer and often I come across a tattered book that I just can't toss because the illustrations are so gorgeous. I've got several boxes piled up now of illustrations that I might frame or collage with at some point.

Unknown said...

I am a children's book dealer and often I come across a tattered book that I just can't toss because the illustrations are so gorgeous. I've got several boxes piled up now of illustrations that I might frame or collage with at some point.