Wednesday, October 18, 2006

New Shop Inventory & Coming Soon

I have taken in some wonderful Homer Laughlin Dinnerware. A few of the pieces are considered hard to find such as the Orleans shape. I am slowly getting them put in the shop because I am desperatly trying to find all of the pattern names.

I also have several vintage cook books such as The Boston Cooking School Cook Book or Fannie Farmer Cook Book, 1930, a two volume set of cook books from the Culinary Institute and a multi-volume set of cook books from the same. These are just a few of the vintage and collectible cookbooks that I have to offer. I have so many of these that it will take awhile to get them listed but if there is something you are looking for please let me know.

Antique and vintage hats….. Next week I am taking in a consignement of vintage hats. These belonged to the 83 year-old mother of a gentleman. I went to his estate sale and noticed all of these wonderful hats for $3 each (one of them had a mink trim) I just couldn’t let him sell them for $3. I gave him my card and also the names of several ladies of sell vintage clothes but he called me yesteday and we will be meeting next week so that I can look them over more closely. The ones that I have seen are stunning. So if you are a hat person please keep an eye on the shop or email me to be notified when I have them all posted. I will also be selling her beautiful black mink coat.

As I was leaving the sale a woman approached me and asked why I didn’t buy them all for $3 and sell them myself. I guess I could have done that and it would not have been wrong… he did set the price. But why take advantage of someone and their lack of knowledge in a particular area? The consignment situation will be mutually beneficial.

In the Sports Category on my website I have a vintage fishing reel, hubby has gone through a few of his NASCAR collectibles and found a 1999 Chase Car collection. These are mint in the box and I think there are 12 Chase Cars. I will finish getting the antique and vintage baseball gloves listed in the next week or two. I also found a KC Royals child’s poncho still in the package that I will get posted and I have 2 suitcases full of ??? who know’s what but I think it is old Boy Scout stuff.

Vintage and collectible books are running out of my ears. I just can’t seem to get them all posted. So please let me know what you are looking for and I will see if I have it.

I have decided, after all these years to start buying wholesale items but I don’t want to purchase the usual stuff you see everywhere. I will be posting a poll on the antique forum to see what types of items you want to see in the shop.

I am getting more of the Raggedy Ann and Andy Nutcrackers. We sold out but are getting more. The company that makes these has come out with a new line of Inspirational collectible items, I haven’t seen them yet. But I am sure we will all love them.

I have more vintage sheet music sitting right beside me that I will be adding to the shop in the next couple of days.

One last thing, I have gobs of vintage ephemera that I will be creating high quality scans of for all of you scrapbookers. I have some very unique pieces. Including a couple of newspapers for the early 1900s and a large pattern book from the 1800s. I am getting it archivally photofinished but have to share this wonderful piece and since I don't want the original damaged or cut up I decided to reproduce it in a limited run. Email me if you want to purchase this when it is complete.

Be sure to browse the new items that have been added. Please excuse the mess, I am still trying to revamp the shop site.

Thank you for being so wonderful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious about how scapbookers use ephemera and your idea to provide the images. This sounds interesting...please expand on this concept in a future post. I'd certainly be interested.