Monday, October 23, 2006

Reproducing my vintage ephemera for scrapbooking

A wonderful reader of my blog.... yea, I have one! Asked me for more details on the reproduction of the vintage paper pieces I have.

I do want to respond to the question of why I would reproduce it versus sell it as it is. I feel that some of the pieces I have might be either in very limited quantitites, such as the newspaper's, letterheads, magazines (especially the children's magazines for the 1800 and 1900s). I would rather reproduce these pieces in high quality scans and have those cut, glued and pasted than have the originals destroyed. One of these days, if a museum or other entity has any interest in the originals they can have them, but for the time being... they are mine, all mine.

I also have some amazing old photographs. I will be selling these but only after I reproduce them. I have been collecting these for over 20 years.

This is going to be one of my winter projects so look for these wonderful items in the Spring.

No comments: