Saturday, May 08, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, sons, daughters, fathers and husbands who read this silly blog.

The cutie in the bug picture is my adorable granddaughter.

This is my first mother's day without my mom and the entire week has been very difficult.  She just passed away Jan. 13, 2010. Then today I went out to pick up a couple of mother's day cards and the water works turned on pretty quickly. I did get my mom a card, we are going to the cemetary tomorrow and I will leave it with her.

I  was a little discouraged from reading my last post.... I have made little to no progress on clearing the hundreds of boxes out. I don't have any place to put anything. I think we have come to the conclusion that we will have a massive garage sale Memorial day weekend with 75% off everything (it all has price tags from the shop). The deal with the other local antique shop fell through as they are still not open and don't have room for any of my items and most of my consignment items. I wish that I would have gotten something in writing to insure that I got a booth... but I didn't, yet they still expect me to give them my knowledge and help them to get open. One of the owner's even went so far as to blame me for them not being open by now. Give me a break.

I can now admit that I am and have been very depressed. And like the commercial says "you wind yourself up" everyday and keep winding yourself up. Depression does cause physical pain. Well enough of that.

I plan on completing the new website within the month and get lots of new inventory up for sale. Items such as a wood Danish cheese press (an amazing piece), lots of copper kettles, Charming Chatty doll in the box with records, numerous vintage little girls clothes from the 1950's and 60s several with the original tags and much more.

I appreciate all of y'all hanging in there with me. This too will pass or atleast get easier with time.

Enjoy tomorrow with the ones you love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO, I AM YOUR NEWEST FRIEND, SORRY, ABOUT YOUR MOM, I AM GETTING READY TO CELEBRATE BY MOMS 81 BIRTHDAY! THANK YOU JESUS! I'AM GLADE I FOUND YOU, BECAUSE I OFTEN PUT BY SELF IN YOUR SHOES, LIKE WHAT I WOULD DO WITH OUT MY MOMMA, I LIKE YOUR SELF LIKE ANTIQUES, SO MAY BE WE CAN BE FRIENDS, LOVE AND PRAYERS, YOUR NEW FRIEND LINDAKAY

Thimbles of the World said...

Hi,

I would like to invite you to visit and join Thimbles of the World at http://thimblesoftheworld.blogspot.com/

Greetings from Poland,
Agnieszka KopczyƄska

LimogesBoxCollector said...

Very cute photo - thanks for sharing.