Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thank you for the response to my last post

WOW, I didn't realize how many people really read my ramblings and rants. The comments were amazing and I only published a few. The support is equally as outstanding.

To those who took the time to leave a comment please know I am behind you rooting and pushing you all the way to success.

My biggest downfall was going into debt with bank loans, who would have thought those folks would have wanted their money back.... the fact that the bank would not restructure the loan was a bit unacceptable to me to put it mildly. Especially considering the fact that the bank CEO was in on meetings with our Prez discussing how to "help" small businesses. Downfall #2.... high rent in a very old drafty house which meant high utility bills. Despite what the SBA says in their mission statement and the reams of paperwork I had to complete in regards to working with "my" technical advisor... my TA was never available to help me along the way and help me navigate and negotiate in some of these areas.


Sadly it is too late to save my dream but I will carry on with the best damn online antique shop you have ever seen. It is being revamped as I type this post. I will have different dealers and the consignments will continue with my ever present eye for quality control.

I do not consider this a failure on any level, I would do it all over again if I had the funds.

Oh my gosh how I will miss my regular customer's. I am going to keep my mailing list and have a couple of sales a year here at the house just to stay in touch and they are always welcome to come shop in my basement storage area.

I did not realize until this past week with the passing of my mother the bond that had been formed with a great number of my wonderful customers. Notes were taped to the door under my note about her brain aneurysm. There were even more notes and cards taped to the door when I put up a note about her passing and funeral. For this I thank you from the very bottom of my heart.

In a month or so I may not have my dream shop but I will have such wonderful memories of the many people I met in the past year and a half.

You have to follow your dreams; sometimes it goes as planned and other times they fall flat but you have to pick yourself up, dust off and keep moving forward.

If you are a small business PLEASE join the 3/50 project and maybe together we can keep a few doors open.

Thank you again for the outpouring of comments and thank you for reading my blog.

All my best to you all, Michelle aka Granny

No comments: